- Job Title
- Asset and Business Information Manager
- Post Number
- Closing Date
- 31 Mar 2019
- Starting Salary
- £31,250 - £38,100
- Hours per week
- Expected/Ideal Start Date
- 01 Apr 2019
- Months Duration
Main Purpose of the Job
-Support the Business Services Manager with the development and implementation of business systems and processes which support delivery of evidence based, cost effective, high quality facilities services and achievement of strategic objectives.
-Manage the Planon (CAFM) database including system development, configuration and administration.
-Contribute to the design and production of management information from the Planon system and present data in a range of formats taking into account Business Information Management (BIM) requirements.
-Resolve technical issues, manage supplier support and maintain an understanding of the integration with other NBIP business systems.
-Working closely with other key facilities functions, coordinate asset information updates.
Close working relationship with all Facilities Managers/Coordinators
Main Activities & Responsibilities
- Support integration with other business systems, manage patches, system upgrades and act as the point of contact for external support.
- Maintain system integrity and security.
- Contribute to the analysis of data and make recommendations on process/procedure changes which enhanced functionality.
- In conjunction with Facilities Administrators, ensure that a range of comprehensive statistical information and performance reports can be regularly produced.
- Provide support for the front-end web based end user interface, contribute to the design and production of management information from the Planon system and ensure that data can be presented in a range of formats taking into account Business Information Management (BIM) requirements.
- Provide technical expertise related to business processes/integrated procedures.
- Perform testing of changes to business process and supporting systems.
- Support Facilities Administrators by providing training and advice and oversee system operation including setting up new users.
- Project manage the system development and the integration of new follow-on modules in the Planon system.
- Lead the team in ensuring the Planon data model meets operational analysis and reporting requirements.
- Ensure suitable change management controls and governance arrangements are in place.
- Coordinate and support regular asset information and data updates.
- Manage the interface with other NBIP functions i.e. Planon, Computing, Purchasing, Stores and Finance.
- Conduct training when necessary for new and existing users.
- Identify risks associated with system use and operation contributing to mitigation actions or improvement plans.
- As agreed with line manager, any other duties commensurate with the nature of the role
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to Degree standard within an IT or Business Information subject or equivalent experience and training
- NEBOSH/IOSH Health and Safety Certificate
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Good knowledge of business-wide CAFM system administration
- Proven skills in IT system development and implementation
- Knowledge of database structures and SQL
- Ability to prioritise workload both personally and for the team in general, must be deadline driven
- Ability to analyse a number of options which identify the optimal business model
- Health, safety and building related statutory compliance knowledge
- Experience in IT system development and implementation
- Experience of working in a Business System or Development role at management level
- Experience of managing operational change and highlighting opportunities to develop new ways of working
- Evidence of successfully developing and implementing data systems with particular reference to CAFM
- Experience of identifying and managing business risk and implementing action or improvement plans
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to engage with employees at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Effective communication, presentational and reporting skills
- Willingness to embrace the expected values and behaviours of all staff at the Institute, ensuring it is a great place to work
- Able to present a positive image of self and the Institute, promoting both the international reputation and public engagement aims of the Institute
- Willingness to work outside standard working hours when required
- Ability to demonstrate strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information where appropriate
- Evidence of Continual Personal Development
- Promotes equality and values diversity
- Ability to demonstrate strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
Who We Are
The NBI Partnership provides non-scientific services to the John Innes Centre (JIC), Quadram Institute Bioscience (QIB), Earlham Institute (EI) and The Sainsbury Laboratory (TSL). All of these organisations carry out scientific research funded by the UK Government, European Union, Charitable and Industrial Sponsors. The Partnership employs around 140 staff to cater for the needs of approximately 1100 Research Staff, Students and Visiting Scientists who are all located in close proximity on the Norwich Research Park.
The John Innes Centre, Quadram Institute Bioscience, the Earlham Institute and The Sainsbury Laboratory are registered charities (No’s 223852, 1058499, 1136213 and 106550) and are Equal Opportunity Employers..
Facilities activity and asset management data, CAFM system operation
Asset and Business Information Manager
The Norwich BioScience Institutes Partnership (NBIP) have an exciting opportunity for an Asset and Business Information Manager to join their busy Facilities department.
The NBI Partnership provides an exciting and stimulating multidisciplinary environment in which to work. Set in 230 hectares of parkland, we are an equal opportunities employer with a comprehensive benefits package to include; competitive starting salaries, free parking, defined contribution pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and excellent recreational and leisure facilities.
Facilities’ main function is to manage the estate, ensuring that all assets are properly maintained and held within compliance with all health and safety and associated guidelines and policies. Facilities staff are also responsible for soft facilities management, including security, reception, cleaning and portering, catering and the conference facilities.
The Asset and Business Information Manager will:
• Support the Business Services Manager with the development and implementation of business systems and processes which support delivery of evidence based, cost effective, high quality facilities services and achievement of strategic objectives.
• Manage the Planon (CAFM) database including system development, configuration and administration.
• Contribute to the design and production of management information from the Planon system and present data in a range of formats taking into account Business Information Management (BIM) requirements.
• Resolve technical issues, manage supplier support and maintain an understanding of the integration with other NBIP business systems.
• Working closely with other key facilities functions, coordinate asset information updates.
This is a key role associated with delivering excellent building and facilities services in a world-class research based working environment embracing commitment to continual improvement and provision of a high level of customer assurance.
The ideal candidate:
The Asset and Business Information Manager should be educated to degree level within an IT or Business Information subject or possess equivalent experience and training. They will have good knowledge of business wide CAFM system administration and proven skills in IT system development and implementation. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of database structures and SQL.
Salary on appointment will be within the range £31,250 to £38,100 per annum depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full time post offered on a permanent basis.
We welcome applications from candidates seeking job-share, part-time or other flexible working arrangements.
As a Disability Confident employer, we guarantee to offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for this vacancy.
The closing date for applications will be 31 March 2019.