- Job Title
- Facilities Administrator
- Post Number
- Closing Date
- 18 Jul 2019
- Starting Salary
- £19,250 - £21,010
- Hours per week
- Expected/Ideal Start Date
- 19 Aug 2019
- Months Duration
- Interview Date
- 30 Jul 2019
- Flexible Options
- Part Time
Main Purpose of the Job
Provide administration support to the Facilities Office including helpdesk support and the management of document systems and databases to enhance the delivery of Facilities services to the Institutes (JIC, EI and TSL).
Line Manager - Andy Peck, NBIP Head of Facilities
Other members of the facilities team
Customers - Within the John Innes Institute, Earlham Institute and The Sainsbury Laboritory
Main Activities & Responsibilities
• Provide administrative support to the Head of Facilities and the Facilities office • Digitise H&S files, O&M Manuals and certification and archiving off site as required • Produce minutes of meetings and support reception when required • Administer Planon (computer aided facilities management system) database • Produce monthly recharges to each Institute
- Facilities Helpdesk Duties
• Act as a focal point for communications with Institutes and other stakeholders including the helpdesk function, intranet page updates, newsletters and Facebook articles • Support the programming and issue of access cards to new starters, update existing cards as requested and maintain records. Answer queries and offer fault diagnosis / resolve problems when necessary; issue Library bar codes and maintain records • Maintain facilities employee induction and training information and contractor validation records
- Document Control
• Collate and administer procedural documents, performance documentation, and quality control information for the Department • Maintain guidance documentation including version control • Collate and update project/contractor information, including Permits to Work, RAMS and induction records • Sample financial records for accuracy
- Data and Reports
• Produce reports and collate information and data • Assess data accuracy and take corrective action. • Utilisation data, adjusting for leave and absence accordingly
- As agreed with line manager, any other duties commensurate with the nature of the role
Education & Qualifications
- Two A Levels grades A-D, or equivalent
- Four GCSEs including Maths and English at grade C or above, or equivalent
- A recognised Business Studies Qualification
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent computer literacy, with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Access
- Ability to produce professionally formatted documents
- Excellent document management skills
- Ability to facilitate and produce prompt, accurate and concise minutes
- Experience of working with a building management database or facilities management system
- Proven, recent experience of working in an administrative role
- Recent experience of working in a customer facing role, e.g. providing a Helpdesk service or reception duties
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team, use initiative when required and manage challenging situations.
- Effective and proactive organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer focused skills
- Attention to detail
- Promotes equality and values diversity
- Willingness to embrace the expected values of the Partnership, ensuring it is a great place to work
Who We Are
The NBI Partnership provides non-scientific services to the John Innes Centre (JIC), Quadram Institute Bioscience (QIB), Earlham Institute (EI) and The Sainsbury Laboratory (TSL). All of these organisations carry out scientific research funded by the UK Government, European Union, Charitable and Industrial Sponsors. The Partnership employs around 140 staff to cater for the needs of approximately 1100 Research Staff, Students and Visiting Scientists who are all located in close proximity on the Norwich Research Park.
The John Innes Centre, Quadram Institute Bioscience, the Earlham Institute and The Sainsbury Laboratory are registered charities (No’s 223852, 1058499, 1136213 and 106550) and are Equal Opportunity Employers..
Delivery of Facilities Services including cleaning, catering, security, engineering, planned and reactive maintenance, asset management and strategic planning.
The Norwich BioScience Institutes Partnership (NBIP) has an exciting opportunity for two Administrators to join their busy Facilities department.
About NBI Partnership:
NBI Partnership provides an exciting and stimulating multidisciplinary environment in which to work. Set in 230 hectares of parkland, we are an equal opportunities employer with a comprehensive benefits package to include; competitive starting salaries, free parking, defined contribution pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and excellent recreational and leisure facilities.
NBI Partnership provides support services to three internationally recognised science institutes. The Facilities team is responsible for delivering excellent services in the following areas: cleaning, catering, security, engineering, maintenance, asset management and strategic planning.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support world class scientific research and contribute to the effective operation of buildings and assets. This is a central role within the Facilities Team, main duties of the role will include:
• Providing administrative support to the Facilities team.
• Act as a first point of contact for facilities enquiries, answering queries with an excellent level of customer service.
• Assist in producing reports and professionally formatted documents.
• Create a monthly Facilities newsletter and carry out other communications tasks.
The ideal candidate:
Candidates should be educated to A Level standard, or equivalent, and possess four GCSEs including Maths and English, at grade C or above, or equivalent. Excellent administrative skills are essential, as is previous experience of working with a building management database or facilities management system. Strong customer service skills are essential, as is the ability to work well as part of a team.
Salary on appointment will be within the range £19,250 to £21,010 pro rata, per annum depending on qualifications and experience. We are seeking to appoint two permanent, part time positions of 22 hours (3 days) per week.
Interviews will be held on 30th July 2019.
As a Disability Confident employer, we guarantee to offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for this vacancy.