- Job Title
- Receptionist Helpdesk Assistant
- Post Number
- Closing Date
- 16 Jul 2020
- Starting Salary
- £19,250 - £23,321 Salary will be pro-rata, based on a full time 37 hour week
- Hours per week
- Expected/Ideal Start Date
- 03 Aug 2020
- Months Duration
- Flexible Options
- Part Time
Main Purpose of the Job
Undertake a wide range of duties related to the Reception and Facilities Helpdesk functions including responding to email, telephone and face to face customer enquiries for the John Innes Centre, the Earlham Institute and The Sainsbury Laboratory.
Responsible to Facilities Soft Services Coordinator
Regular contact with Institute staff and stakeholders, visitors and contractors
Main Activities & Responsibilities
- Provide professional and concise responses to JIC Reception and Facilities Helpdesk customer enquiries via telephone, face to face or email.
- Ensure familiarity with reception function emergency responses and procedures so that these can be effectively implemented when required.
- Ensure familiarity with the reception equipment including the telephone system, hand held radios, security, fire and other alarms, CCTV, vehicle barrier controls, the tannoy/PA system, photocopier, access card and other printers.
- Liaison and handover to/from security contractor at the beginning and/or end of the daily shift.
- Understand the principles of the Dangerous Goods Act and ensure that packages and parcels which meet this criterion are appropriately dispatched (subject to the provision of suitable training).
- Regularly check and update internal and emergency contact numbers across all stakeholders.
- Support access to pool vehicles/cycles by ensuring that users have completed the required documentation, issue and receive vehicle keys and maintain records.
- Support access to the JIC Recreation Centre swimming pool during summer months by ensuring that users sign in and out in accordance with local procedures.
- Support access to the JIC Boat by overseeing booking requests during the summer months.
- Support sales of institute merchandise
- Provide administrative support to the facilities team as required related to reception functions, facilities activities and emergency procedures.
- Participate in the reception rota which requires a flexible approach to working hours, subject to business need. Normal working hours may be reviewed and adjusted at any time following a suitable notice period and consultation.
Education & Qualifications
- Five GCSEs grades A*-C, including Maths and English, or equivalent
- A recognised Dangerous Goods Handling Qualification
- NEBOSH/IOSH Health and Safety Certificate
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent computer literacy, including proven skills in Microsoft and Excel
- Security awareness knowledge and an ability to recognise potential security risks
- Recent experience of working within a reception team or facilities department
- Recent experience of providing administrative support
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions / Standard Operating Procedures
- Evidence of continual personal development
- Attention to detail
- Promotes equality and values diversity
- Willingness to have a flexible approach to working hours
- Willingness to embrace the values and behaviours of NBI Partnership
- Promotes equality and values diversity
Who We Are
The NBI Partnership provides non-scientific services to the John Innes Centre (JIC), Quadram Institute Bioscience (QIB), Earlham Institute (EI) and The Sainsbury Laboratory (TSL). All of these organisations carry out scientific research funded by the UK Government, European Union, Charitable and Industrial Sponsors. The Partnership employs around 140 staff to cater for the needs of approximately 1100 Research Staff, Students and Visiting Scientists who are all located in close proximity on the Norwich Research Park.
The John Innes Centre, Quadram Institute Bioscience, the Earlham Institute and The Sainsbury Laboratory are registered charities (No’s 223852, 1058499, 1136213 and 106550) and are Equal Opportunity Employers..
Receptionist / Helpdesk Assistant
The Norwich BioScience Institutes Partnership (NBIP) has an exciting opportunity for a professional and proactive person to join their busy Facilities department.
The NBI Partnership provides an exciting and stimulating multidisciplinary environment in which to work. Set in 230 hectares of parkland, we are an equal opportunities employer with a comprehensive benefits package to include; competitive starting salaries, free parking, defined contribution pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and excellent recreational and leisure facilities.
The Facilities Department provides unique Facilities Management Services to the John Innes Centre, The Sainsbury Laboratory and the Earlham Institute. Our prime objective is to deliver safe, high quality scientific environments, which support scientists involved with market leading, world class research, and our Reception Team is a key part of providing this environment.
The successful candidate will help to provide a professional reception service, which will include being the first point of contact for general public and visitors, answering telephone queries and processing post. They will also provide administrative support to the facilities team as required relating to reception functions, facilities activities and emergency procedures.
The ideal candidate:
Applicants should have at least five GCSEs, grades A*-C, including Maths and English (or equivalent). Recent experience of working in a reception team or facilities department is essential, as are exceptional customer service skills.
Salary on appointment will be within the range £19,250 to £23,321 per annum (pro rata) depending on qualifications and experience. This is a part time post of 20 hours per week, offered on an indefinite basis. The successful candidate will participate in the reception rota which requires a flexible approach to working hours, subject to business need.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK as we do not hold a Sponsorship Licence.
As a Disability Confident employer, we guarantee to offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for this vacancy.
The closing date for applications will be 16 July 2020.